Wednesday, November 15, 2017

PODCASTS


AUDIOBOOM

This service allows you to sign up but in order to use it, you must pay for the service.  I tried exploring the site but there was nowhere one could simply upload a file.  This service seems more targeted to businesses or individuals who want to give a promote their podcasts and to people or businesses who want to advertise on the podcast.

SOUNDCLOUD

Upon investigating, I found that Soundcloud is very popular with people who want to upload their own original music.  This is what the service has been known for, but you can definitely upload a podcast as well.  My feeling regarding this service is that you might end up hosting a blog about education where it might get lost among unrelated podcasts or channels.  It's not difficult to use but it would not be my first choice.  

PODOMATIC

This service was very comprehensive and easy to navigate through.  It was customizable with images and selection of quality level for the uploaded audio.  This is one that I would recommend due to ease of use.

BUZZSPROUT

I decided to record or upload my podcast to this service due to incredible ease of use.  As a teacher, I value the little time that is left at the end of a day full of responsibilities, but doing a podcast can actually be an extremely fun and meaningful way to help students learn.  Most days we search for tools that help us maximize our time and resources and Buzzsprout took me less than one minute to get my information out.  The most challenging aspect of creating a blog was making mistakes as I was narrating.  I knew what I wanted to record, but mispronouncing a word or stammering was frustrating.  Recording the blog was more difficult than uploading it, but with time I believe we get better at narrating without making mistakes.  I like blogs as a way to give a lesson, practice foreign languages, and in the case of visually impaired or dyslexic students (like several of mine), it's a valuable way to differentiate and make it easier for them to get instruction.  As great as the technology can be, however, we have to keep in mind the students' ability to access tech devices to listen to podcasts.  Podcasts alone cannot help a student learn.  We must be sure to have many safety nets in place for the successful use of these tools.  

2 comments:

  1. I love your comments about using podcasts to help students and save time as a teacher. Great idea. Your podcast was targeted toward specific activities for your class and I loved that as well. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree podcasts can be used to differentiate instruction and share information with students and I loved how you did your podcasts in 2 languages. You have a great voice.

    ReplyDelete